Pro-Tips – 5 Ways to Make Your Cartridges and Devices Last Longer
This pro-tip guide explores ways to get the most out of your precious cartridges and devices. We sat down with our engineers and asked for their insight on how changing a few habits can prolong the device’s life and improve the user’s experience. So, grab your device and follow along!
Pro-Tip #1: Proper Cartridge Setup
We know how excited you are to start trying out your new device and experiencing all the goodness of cannabis. Still, it’s important to remember that the first draws are crucial to prolonging the life of your cart. Cartridges require priming to saturate the heating element with oil to reduce the risk of burning the organic wick and prevent dry hits.
To prime your cartridge, follow these easy steps:
- Before and after you attach your cartridge to the battery, prime the cartridge by taking 3 slow draws to allow the oil to absorb into the heating element.
- The first draws should be less than 4 seconds in each instance.
- If your device experiences dry hits, the heating element will ruin the wick and cannot be undone. Contact our Support Team if you encounter issues with your Kurvana cartridge.
Pro-Tip #2: Slow and Steady Draws
You might be thinking, the harder I draw, the bigger the cloud and effects, right? We don’t blame you for thinking that, but it’s incorrect and can easily be fixed. When you draw from the cartridge, the heating element will vaporize at a constant temperature whether you are pulling hard or gently. The heating element can only vaporize so much of the oil before it builds up (over-saturates) and starts causing clogging and leaking. Let the battery and cartridge do the work for you.
To increase the effects, follow these easy steps:
- To increase the effects of your oil, draw smoothly and hold the vapor in your lungs for 4-6 seconds. This will allow your body to absorb more of the cannabinoids.
Pro-Tip #3: Keep Devices Clean
We receive many inquiries regarding connection issues where the carts are not vaporizing or have poor airflow. Keeping the contact points of your devices always clean will help prevent any issues relating to connectivity and airflow. But why is there build-up? After drawing from your device, the cartridge’s heating element remains hot and will continue to produce a minimal amount of vaporization. Over time, it begins to accumulate. You will commonly see this build-up on the mouthpiece and at the 510 connections’ positive pins of the battery and cartridge.
For better airflow and connectivity, follow these easy steps:
- Clean contact points gently with alcohol and a cotton swab
- Repeat this every 30-40 draws
- It’s always a good idea to perform this on your battery before recharging to avoid the devices sticking to each other.
Pro-Tip #4: Proper Battery Output
Always pair your devices with Kurvana’s Batteries. These devices were meant for each other and will always have the optimal settings for the best possible experience. If you choose to use a non-Kurvana battery, ensure you use the lowest setting if it’s adjustable. If it’s a buttonless battery, reduce your draw times if the battery has higher output power than Kurvana’s. This will prevent overheating the cartridges and harsh tastes.
For the best experience, follow these easy steps:
- Pair your Kurvana cartridges with our batteries
- Set your non-Kurvana battery to the lowest voltage setting
- Reduce your draw times if a non-Kurvana battery is used
Pro-Tip #5: Proper Storage
Where and how you store your devices matter. Always store your devices in a dry and cool place to prevent them from getting damaged. If left in a hot place, such as your car, the oil will begin to oversaturate the wick, which leads to leaking and clogging. If you plan to take a break from cannabis, always remove the cartridge from the battery and store it with its silicone cover. If you misplace your cover, use a zip-locked bag with the air removed. This will reduce the naturally occurring oxidation. Read more about oxidation here. We recommend cleaning the contact points before storing away your devices.
For the proper storage, follow these easy steps:
- Store the device in a cool, dry place.
- Keep devices away from heat.
- Store your cartridge in its original package or zip-locked bag.
By following these easy steps, you can extend your devices’ life, helping you save time, headaches, and money in the long run. Subscribe to our newsletter for future Pro-Tips to get the most out of your devices.
Have more questions?
Contact our Support Team to learn more or submit your feedback. We’d love to hear from you!